LSE is honored to be part of this great team to deliver this LEED Gold Building with 45% Energy Cost Savings compared to ASHRAE 90.1 Baseline Bldg.
- Owner: University of Richmond
- General Contractor: Kjellstrom and Lee
- Architect: Glavé & Holmes Architecture
- Structural Engineer: Dunbar, Milby, Williams, Pittman & Vaughan
- MEP/FP Engineer: Lu + S Engineers
- Civil Engineer: Draper Aden Associates
- Envelope Consultant: WDP & Associates
- Commissioning: WSP Acoustic Consultant:
- Acoustical Design Collaborative, Ltd.
The University of Richmond is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. North Court is a classroom and residential facility designed by Ralph Adams Cram and built in 1914 as the original Westhampton College building. Today, the building is divided into two sections: academic and residential.
North Court Residential was converted from hall-style, single, double and triple rooms with shared hall baths to suite-style rooms with private baths. Additional renovation work included common areas, three large assembly spaces, a social and academic lounge, a community kitchen, a faculty apartment and laundry facilities. The building is four stories tall with a basement. Its structure has a steel frame encased in concrete with cast-in-place concrete floor slabs. The building envelope is brick, with limestone and pre-cast concrete detailing, and slate and copper roofs.